Sunday 17 April 2011

The Salad

A very close friend introduced me to my love of beet salads last year, and now they are just such a treat. However yesterday a few of my ingredients were missing...

Yesterday's Salad

So with the remainder of the MASSIVE beet I made my dream salad today.  Notice the sprouts and goats cheese, and of course a nice chunck of fresh bread. Lyaz picked it up on his way home this morning. Sunday's are certainly a pleasure!

Today's version

I used a simple mustard and olive oil mix as a dressing. Paris is apparently getting to me; my mustard consumption has increased dramatically in the last few months!

Close up

Oh and today I shredded or 'julienned' the fennel, as best fennel can be julienned instead of just slicing it, which in my opinion made a huge difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment