Thursday 28 July 2011

The Groundwork

The Preparation of Lyaz's Dinner started with the julienning, the chopping and the cutting of various ingredients. I forgot to take photos of it all, but here's what I did record. First of all, I have to say that the garlic was fresh.

  

It was the freshest garlic I have ever seen, it was so moist. I'm thinking of putting the rest of it in the oven one evening to bake.  I'll have to make sure I don't have anywhere to go in the morning, and also find a REALLY fantstic loaf of bread.


Not only did I julienne a number of carrots, green onions, but also half a celery root and zested 3 lemons. Lucky I have a mandolin, or else the julienning would have taken me the entire night!

 

The filling of the fish was julienned green onions and lemon zest. I rubbed the cavity with salt, and freshly ground black pepper then a handful of dried thyme. Unfortunately although I had bought fresh thyme it never made it into my bag, so I had to resort to the dried thyme in the cupboard.

 

this is the stuffed fish, before I tied it up and placed it on a bed of carrot and celery lightly sautéed with butter and garlic. How can you go wrong with a base of butter and garlic?

No comments:

Post a Comment