Sunday 16 January 2011

The cupboards

This has got to go quick quick... I'm currently procrastinating, which I've been doing all morning, and really needs to stop, but all of a sudden I've become quite agitated at how negligent I've been since september! (I'm also a little conscious of a difficulty of spelling in english... erg...) In any case, a long time ago I bought some lovely big glass jars on ebay, they arrived and I rearranged my kitchen cupboard. The following photos tell the story of that afternoon.

Although presented like that it doesn't sound that interesting, I had fun doing it, and documenting it.


It arrived one day... and so I carried it up my 6 flights...


 They had come all the way from Nancy, in a superbly packed box, and they were...


Perfect... alas, one soldier was lost on the journey...


In any case, the 11 that remained were washed and dried, and thus the process began!



The cupboard prior to the overhaul was a mess of plastic containers and plastic wrapping, although there was already the beginnings of the collection of bonne maman jam jars, reappropriated for kidney beans and peppercorns. Hopefully this collection will be added to, however for the moment I think the capacity for jam has been exhausted! Perhaps that would be a good new years resolution, I'm still looking for a resolution that I can appreciate, keep and benefit from! More jam seems reasonable, no? 


The organisation process and the purging of plastic...


And thus the final result, which is very similar to how it looks now, REALLY, even 3 months later! Although the bamboo shoots had to been thrown out along with the peanut butter... the best before date on the bamboo shoots was december 2009. (a good exemple of why you should be very consciouse when packing your kitchen cupboards in a move) The peanut butter didn't have any best before date on it, but it tasted kind of funny, and I couldn't remember buying it, so it went as well, which means there's a little more space... but not that much!

So welcome to the story of my kitchen cabinet. And now I must get back to my revision of constitutional law and the history of law in France since the Roman Empire... oh ya.. nothing much, just a few centuries!

GAH!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you and glass containers. Do you still have those lab beakers you bought in Toronto?

    ReplyDelete