Sunday 16 January 2011

The Issue of Wine

So as many of you probably can attest to, I have a propensity for drinking wine out of mustard or nutella jars, or pottery barn kids glasses with spiders on them... This Christmas, I did christmas dinner in our little aparment for Mum Lyaz and I and Lyaz's family. All of which was decided 4 days before "the day".

Prior to this I had maintained that anything we did not NEED was too much, however, at this juncture it became clear that the 4 plates and 4 bowls in the cupboard paired with a rare collection of Toy Story 3 mustard jars were not going to cut it for a "Christmas spread" for 10 people.

So I went out with the newly imported set of wheels that mum had brought me and bought 12 large plates (they didn't have the same as my current plates and they only came in boxes of 6) 8 small plates (these at least matched the 4 small plates that were currently in my cupboard, 12 long drink glasses, for pop and water, and 12 wine glasses. All of which I carried home, and up the 6 flights of stairs to our little apartment.

Christmas dinner went fantastically (with much help from mum) and a good number of trips up and down the stairs!

dinner


the entrées

my favourite (actual) nephew


After the clean up, half of the new dishes and glasses etc were put away in their boxes while the cupboard was reorganized to accomodate its new burden.
So starting 2011 with a new outlook I decided that I would USE the wine glasses that were taking up valuable cupboard space, however I was soon reminded of WHY I never drank out of wine glasses prior to this.

The following photos are a testament:

my Toy Story mustard jar

the new wine glass from christmas





what happens to my wine glasses


So, I find myself at 11 wine glasses and counting. I guess I'll have to pull out all the mustard jars that got put away or else eat more mustard so as to save the wine glasses for the grown ups!

I must add, that I'm sorry for not having added more prior to this... I have about 3 backissues from the fall, that just got forgotten about before making it to the inter-web... They'll come... just perhaps not in chronological order!

No comments:

Post a Comment